1) If this was you, would you just blindly follow?
Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”
2) What do you suppose made them confident Jesus was the one Moses wrote about?
“Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked.
3) Do you ever say this about your town/city/family?
“Come and see,” said Philip.
When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.”
“How do you know me?” Nathanael asked.
Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”
4) Do you suppose God is able to see everything you do. What would he say about your lifestyle?
Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.”
Jesus said, “You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.” He then added, “Very truly I tell you,you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”
5) When Jesus says "very truly I tell you" you can be sure it is true. What do you suppose he meant by you will see heaven open and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man?