The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”
1) When you know that the presence of Jesus is near, do you call it out.
2) I never connected it before, but John is saying look here's God's Sacrifice. Any thoughts?
When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?”
3) I suppose this would be what you would call the first leading someone to Jesus. Do you think it's important to lead people to Jesus? How?
They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
4) The disciples at this point only allowed Jesus to be a "good teacher" Have you ever felt like this?
“Come,” he replied, “and you will see.”
So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.
Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus.
5) Notice after "spending time with Jesus, they now know he is Christ? Do you think spending time with Jesus would help you recognize him as Christ?
6) Do you ever feel like you are on a purposed to help "save" God's people?
Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas”(which, when translated, is Peter).
7) Do you think it's amazing that Jesus already knows are names?
8) Sometimes God changes our names from depressed to joyful, from weak to strong, from ashes to glory. Here he changed Peter's name from Peter to "Rock". If you are suffering with something what would be the name God would call you?